360DPS (17.0.0) Update
In our quest to create the smoothest user experience possible, we’re constantly improving our dental planning platform, 360DPS. We’re excited to share with you the latest version, 360DPS (17.0.0) and tell you a little about the amazing new features.
Watch a short tutorial on how to install the new update here.
What’s different about the new release?
Updated implant library:
- Implant database now includes sleeves along with implant fixtures, abutments, etc.
- Abutments from different manufacturers can be used simultaneously
- Implants from different manufacturers can be placed simultaneously; which is great news for Carestream 3D Imaging Software.
- DPS file extension will be changed to DPSX.
- Patient database file, main.mdb will be removed. Instead of a single big file, every patient will have his or her own file. This will prevent any potential data loss resulting from main.mdb file corruption.
- Cases can be easily moved or deleted directly from patientDirectory folder.
- Safety zone around the nerve, implants and fixation pins can be viewed in 2D.
- Safety distance can be easily calculated while planning.
A few recommendation to make a smooth transition to 360DPS (17.0.0)
- 360DPS (17.0.0) is an automatic update which will make the older version obsolete.
- It’s recommended that you keep your recent cases only before the migration as not to have a large main.mdb file. Otherwise, the migration process may take longer, especially.
- How long the migration process takes will depend on your PC specifications (i.e. CPU, GPU, RAM and HDD/SSD) as well as the size of your existing database file. So please make sure you have enough time before starting the update.
- Please make sure that you have enough disk space before the migration (i.e. at least double the size of your main.mdb file).
- You will need to re-download the 360DPS implant library as the file format has changed.
- If you encounter technical issues using Windows 7, it’s recommended that you upgrade to Windows 10.
Got any questions? We’re here to help. Contact us at [email protected].