After downloading your STL files from the 360Courier™ software (Instructions for Downloading STL Files), you will need to import them into the Formlabs PreForm software. PreForm prepares your STL files for printing on your Formlabs printer. PreForm allows you to orient your models and guides, create supports, and lays out your print job. Sending your print is quick and convenient. You can select multiple printers and easily upload your print with PreForm’s wireless connectivity feature.
If you don’t already have the Formlabs PreForm Software, you can download it here: PreForm Software Download
To Set Up a Print Tray:
1. Open the PreForm Software by double clicking on the icon.
2. The PreForm software will open and prompt you with a pop-up box for ‘Print Setup’. You will need to choose the Printer Model, Material that you will be printing with, the Layer Thickness and click on the ‘Apply’ button.
3. After clicking ‘Apply’, the PreForm home screen will appear (shown below).
4. Once the software is open, click on ‘File’ and choose ‘Open’ from the dropdown menu to open the STL file.
5. Browse for the location of the folder where your STL files are saved.
* In this example, the files are saved in a folder on the desktop named ‘STL Files’.
6. Open the folder by double clicking on it, select the STL file to open and click ‘Open’.
7. Repeat step #6 until you have imported all of the STL files into the PreForm software that you want to print.
8. Once the STL files are imported, you will need to orient them in the correct position by using the button below.
You will need to make sure that any part of the guide(s) or the model(s) that simulates the anatomy or anything that the anatomy would come into contact with faces up away from the platform.
To select multiple STL’s at the same time, hold down the shift key and left click on each STL object. Once all the STL’s are highlighted in blue, click on the ‘Orientation’ button and then the ‘Orient Selected’ button. This process will automatically orient all the STL’s in the right positions for the next step – Adding Supports.
9. To add supports for the STL’s, select all the STL’s and click on the ‘Supports’ button and then on ‘Generate Selected’.
BEFORE GENERATED SUPPORTS
AFTER GENERATED SUPPORTS
10. Adding additional supports MUST BE DONE for all surgical guides and models. Refer to your 360 Formlabs 3D printer training. If you have not received this training, please contact 360Imaging at (866) 360-6622 or (404) 236-7700 to schedule.
* Skipping this step can cause your entire print job to fail.
11. The second to last step is to ‘Layout’ the STL files on the print tray. Click on ‘Layout’ and then the ‘Layout All’ button.
* Make sure that you are not printing STL’s in the same places on the tray every time you print. This will cause the Resin Tank tray to burn up.
12. The last step is sending the file to the printer.
If you need further help please contact us through this link.